Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vintage Finds...

I stumbled across this ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC vintage website while looking for a vintage metal storage cabinet and literally had to stop everything and take a full two hours to browse through EVERYTHING that they have! The items are priced fairly reasonably and they are that "one perfect piece" that I am always looking to throw into the design mix! I TRIED and I stress "tried" to edit my favorite finds (although I have a whole file saved on my computer!)


.


This "Single Man's Coat Closet" is a distressed metal box is large enough to hang just one lightweight jacket - add some small shelves inside and I would say we have a great CD or DVD cabinet...Obviously with my trunk OBSESSION I had to show this Wells Fargo & Co. heavy duty shipping chest made by Venderman...




Rare find- USA original Navy storage can with markings on it - add a piece of glass to the top for a cool side table





1902 solid slate chalkboard mounted on a vintage school house door - I say paint the door a fun color and use in your kitchen or as a pantry door....no more "to do lists" stuck up on the fridge! Also shown is a rare fine primitive industrial chest - perfect for storing a number a things!!




22" tall pair of ceramic Glove Mold Hands from a rubber glove assembly line - can you say conversation piece??? Also shown - a late 19th century low cabinet with slate top - perfect for a funky side table for a low modern sofa - or a table top storage



Jugendstil canvas framed salvage slate - so cool...enough said!!





Masculine meets feminine: 1930's industrial iron side table with sculpted legs - Also an industrial mine pull cart - PERFECT cocktail table!



1930's Ephihone turned Bar Cart - WAY COOL! Also shown is a vintage metal storage cabinet - perfect as a media unit!



1890 gallery proof press with hand roller would make a fabulous console of backup unit! & an Original Vintage French missile transporting case - with markings = coolest toy chest I've ever seen!

AH and we SAVE the BEST for last! Early Century Birch Trunk - the trunk of all trunks! I can only imagine where this trunk has been and back....I love how the side flips up and all the hidden drawers for delicate storage....love love love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment